Lamb Burgers in a Jacket
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Get Ready: Ingredients
1 pound organic, lean (at least 80%) ground lamb (or any ground meat)
5 tablespoons low-calorie Caesar dressing
1 organic egg
5 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
5 pita (pocket) bread halves
5 tablespoons organic Asiago or Parmesan cheese, shredded
5 teaspoons fresh tomato, diced
1 fresh, organic cucumber, sliced
Get Set: Tools Needed*
All-purpose utility knife
Small mixing bowl
Medium mixing bowl
Pre-heat grill to medium heat or start charcoal grill
1. Put on apron, tie back hair, roll up sleeves and wash hands.
2. Wash vegetables.
3. Using all-purpose utility knife, slice cucumbers and dice tomato on cutting board.
4. Place sliced cucumbers and diced tomatoes in small mixing bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of dressing, set aside.
5. In medium bowl, mix ground meat, remaining dressing, egg and bread crumbs with stirring spoon.
6. With clean hands, shape into 5 oval patties about ½ inch thick. Place patties on grill. Be sure to wash hands after handling raw meat.
7. Cook with medium heat 7 to 10 minutes, using tongs to turn once, until done.
8. During last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking time, top each patty with cheese.
9. Wash and dry all-purpose utility knife and cutting board. Slice pita bread in halves on cutting board.
10. Place pita bread halves on grill, during last minute of cooking to warm.
11. Fill pita bread halves with cucumber and tomato mixture, and patties.
12. Clean up kitchen and put everything away when you are done.
To add more flavor to this recipe, garnish with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
*available at crumbsnatchers.com