Causing quite a stir on the Emmy red carpet, oxblood red has been spotted on several celebrities. It can be found in every store at every price point, so there’s an oxblood red for every woman on any budget.
But just what is so fascinating about this cadaverous color that has every fashionista flocking to her favorite boutique to buy it? Simply put, oxblood red is mesmerizing. It’s the kind of color that is daring without being outwardly rebellious; sexy without being salacious; moody without being crazy. And, yes, any woman can wear it.
From Robert Rodriguez’s knockout flare coat to TOPSHOP’S sheer blouse with black sequin embellishments, oxblood red leaves a lasting impression. Worn day or night, even affordable fashion retailer H&M is jumping on the bandwagon by making the trend accessible from head to toe.
Some, however, may still experience a little trepidation about oxblood red and question its ability to flatter their particular skin tone or hair color. No worries. Simply wear the hue away from the face. Try it in the form of a pant, such as S.Y.L.K.’s color denim jean. Or don the color in a small dose; say, in the form of Swarovski’s show-stopping Story Bangle. But if you’re ready to tread boldly, wear the trend as a statement-making shoe, like Sigerson Morrison’s bootie, which features a croc-stamped back and a gold metal tip heel.
Whichever way you decide to showcase the color, wear it with confidence and complement it with neutral tones: Think black, gray or nude. Don’t be shy. Channel your inner vamp and give oxblood red a try.
- Sigerson Morrison bootie, $550, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Steve Madden CONTRVSY pump, $89.95, Miracle Mile Shops
- UGG Celestina platforms, $225, The Forum Shops
- Stuart Weitzman RIGHT booties, $625, The Forum Shops
- Ellis Faas Creamy Lips, $36, Skins 6|2 at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
- S.Y.L.K. Oxblood Colored Denim, $58, Miracle Mile Shops
- AllSaints Hayworth Shirt Dress, $225, The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
- French Connection Timber Jersey Dress, $138, Miracle Mile Shops
- TOPSHOP sheer top, $110, Fashion Show Mall
- Robert Rodriguez Fit-and-Flare Coat, $795, Neiman Marcus
- Swarovski Story Bangle, $380, Miracle Mile Shops