By Debbie Hall
- Walk us through a typical day in your shoes.
From 5 to 9 a.m. daily we deliver the SlowJams.com show on iHeart Radio which is a morning radio show musical presentation representing the “Soundtrack of our Generation.” We play music that will have you think, “Ooohh wow I remember when I was …” while listening to a particular song.
Then, I do some sort of a work out after a delicious chai tea latte and light breakfast.
Shower, shave, get dressed and hit the phone lines, roll calls, check email.
Head to the office to tackle the day or head to the airport to wherever I’m scheduled to be for any meetings, an event or whatever.
If no event is scheduled, I typically will head off to slumberland around 9:30 p.m. unless I decide to go out socially.
- Have you ever purchased any As Seen on TV items?
Chia Pet and a Clap On Clapper unit. Yes I did!
- If you could destroy a grade-school photo of yourself, what year would it be and why?
It would have to be any 7th or 8th grade photos. That is probably the most awkward time facially in a growing young man’s life. You just don’t know which way it will turn out.
- While grocery shopping, what is your stick-in-the-cart-when-no-one-is-looking item?
The largest bag of Peanut M&Ms in the grocery store.
- If we were to look through your iPod or iPhone, what is on your hit list or playlist or favorite app?
My iPod consists of Michael Buble, Faith Evans, Michael Jackson, Tony Toni Tone’, Michael McDonald, Lenny Kravitz, Sting, Tribe Called Quest, Celine Dion, The Eagles, Alx Rose (Guns n Roses), Johnny Mathis, Frank Sinatra, Janet Jackson, Ferrel, Babyface, Jay Z, Vince Neil (Motley Crew), Quincy Jones, SWV, New Edition, Lalah & Donny Hathaway, SADE, Nat King Cole, Barry White, Imagine Dragons, Chicago, Today, GUY, Yani, Mary J. Blige, Joe Cocker, The Beatles, James Taylor, Wilson Pickett, Rod Stewart, Luther Vandross, Gladys Night, Stevie Wonder,Whitney Houston, Prince, Janis Joplin, Jackie Wilson, Bob Marley, Freddie Mercury, Mick Jaggar, Al Green and Lionel Richie.
My fav app is Shazam.
- Do you ever play “tourist” in Vegas? If so, what is your favorite thing to do?
I always do the tourist thing when friends or colleagues come to Vegas and we go to a variety of places such as Sugar Factory, Emeril Lagasse at MGM Grand or visit the Red Rock canyon. So much to do in Las Vegas.
- What do you do to unwind and relax?
My favorite unwind and relax activity is fishing (freshwater). Let’s go!
- Does anyone ever mistake you for someone else?
Many mistake me for one of my dear friends as well as a great singer and crooner Christopher Williams from the movie “New Jack City.”