By Jennifer Florendo
- Walk us through a typical day in your shoes.
Taylor and I work late, so we get up a bit later than most couples. At breakfast, I check the news for any topical stories to do a new joke about in the show, then I write new material for a few hours, practice voices, then we take our dogs for a long walk, head to the show, rehearse and at 7:30 p.m. we’re on stage.
- Have you ever purchased any As Seen on TV Items?
Let’s just say that I single handedly kept the home shopping business from collapsing in 2010. But what am I going to do with 35 Snuggies?
- What celebrity are you most often told you look like?
Brad Pitt from a distance. Like from two miles.
- Are you ever “mistaken” for “that performer on the strip”?
Sometimes … or they say, “Aren’t you the guy who was with Winston when he won ‘America’s Got Talent’?”
- If you could destroy a grade-school photo of yourself, what year would it be and why?
Thanks to the magic of Photoshop, they now all look normal. But I’d say probably my fifth grade photo where I was frowning and I was in the dead center of the class picture.
- While grocery shopping, what is your stick-in-the-cart-when-no one-is-looking item?
Gossip magazines for my wife. Yeah … for my wife. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
- If we were to look through your iPod (or phone) what is on your top hit list or playlist or favorite app?
My favorite app is definitely my Netflix app since I use it to watch “Frasier” and “Everybody Loves Raymond.” My favorite music is from my favorite band No More Kings, so I listen to them all the time as well.
- Do you ever play “tourist” in Vegas? If so, what is your favorite thing to do?
I love to see shows of some of the great performers who come into Vegas. Where else are you going to see an Elton John, Celine Dion or Ray Romano within a 20-minute drive from your house?
Terry Fator performs at The Mirage Monday through Thursday with show times at 7:30 p.m. Visit mirage.com for more information.