By Jennifer Florendo
- Walk us through a typical day in your shoes.
I wake up around 6:45 a.m.; go down stairs to get my sons’ lunch ready for school while my wife gets them dressed. Micah always comes down first and I say, “Good morning”(to him). Sometimes he says it right away, other times it takes awhile, depending on his mood. He has autism so it’s different every day. I drive my kids to school. Get back home, have a moment to talk to my wife about the day before I head off to go boxing. Have phone calls with my manager about current Boyz II Men events, have a discussion with my web designer concerning my website for my nonprofit called micahsvoice.com. After that, it’s just me spending time with my kids before I head off on another road trip. (Shawn)
- Growing up, what did you aspire to be?
I wanted to be a pro football player but my mom forced me to do music. (Nate)
- Have you ever purchase any As Seen on TV Items?
Never, LOL! But I might buy the watch that Barack Obama wears. Does that count? (Shawn)
- If you could destroy any grade-school photo of yourself, what year would it be and why?
It would be my high school photo. Let’s just say I didn’t get the haircut I wanted, LOL! Sheesh! (Shawn)
- If you could destroy a grade-school photo of yourself, what year would it be and why?
Thanks to the magic of Photoshop, they now all look normal. But I’d say probably my fifth grade photo where I was frowning and I was in the dead center of the class picture.
- If we were to look through your iPod (or phone) what is on your top hit list or playlist or favorite app?
My audio Bible is my top. Top music changes from week to week. Slingbox, Dropbox and line2 are my app faves. (Nate)
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure when it comes to free time, TV shows or shopping? Or maybe there is no guilt in it, just your favorite pleasure.
I love to watch funny clips on YouTube. I like watching stupid stuff that my other group members don’t think is funny. I’m also an avid comic book lover! “Thor” is my favorite. (Shawn)
- Do you ever play “tourist” in Vegas? If so, what is your favorite thing to do?
I do. My family and I just went to see the Bodies and Titanic exhibits; a bit daunting, but educational. I’ll also play night tourist and hit a few clubs when I have some time off. (Shawn)
- What do you do to unwind and relax?
I go home and figure out what home project I can get into next. (Nate)
- When a fan comes up to you, what is the most common thing you hear? Is it maybe a song line or title? Or something about being from the same area?
The most common thing is, “I’ve had so much sex and made kids to your music.”(Wanya)
- If you could destroy any photo of yourself, what year would it be and why?
A 1989 picture of Boyz II Men on the stairs of an old manager’s house. (Wanya)