Event will recognize American Humane Association Hero Dog Award nominees, Sergeant Michael Malarsie and his dog Xxon
On Wednesday, July 23 actor Anthony Anderson, star of the upcoming shows Black-ish on ABC and Food Network’s Eating America, will join Chicken Soup for the Soul to celebrate the launch of its newest titles, Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Dog Did What? and Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cat Did What? by Amy Newmark at The Foundation Room in Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino. Chicken Soup for the Soul will also commemorate its debut at SuperZoo 2014 at Mandalay Bay, where they will showcase the brand’s dog and cat food.
The event will recognize Air Force Sergeant Michael Malarsie and his dog, Xxon, as the duo has been selected to represent the Chicken Soup for the Soul sponsored “Guide & Hearing Dog” category at The American Humane Association Hero Dog Awards on September 15. After being blinded and wounded in combat, Sergeant Malarsie met Xxon, who helped him return to work as the only blind Airman serving active duty in the Air Force.
Ventriloquist Terry Fator and entertainers The Scintas will also be on-hand to support animal shelters across the nation, as royalties from the book are given to The American Humane Association.
- Anthony Anderson, Actor and star of the upcoming shows, ABC’s Black-ish and Food Network’s Eating America
- Sergeant Michael Malarsie & Xxon, “Guide & Hearing Dog” category winners for The American Humane Association Dog Awards
- Terry Fator, Star of Terry Fator: The Voice of Entertainment at The Mirage
- The Scintas, Stars of Frankie Scinta at the D
- Amy Newmark, Publisher, editor-in-chief and author of the last one hundred Chicken Soup for the Soul books
- Bill Rouhana, CEO of Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Chris Mitchell, CEO of Chicken Soup for the Soul Pets