While Las Vegas is one of the top wedding capitals of the world, over 2 million people call Southern Nevada home and want to get married in Las Vegas as well. One real Las Vegas Wedding Story is about Dickson Daggi, a retired Army specialist and Purple Heart awardee who survived two tours in Iraq. The bride is Nikki Abo who works as a pharmacist in Las Vegas.
We have been planning our wedding for over a year and when the day came, it made all the hard work so worth it. With 150 in attendance, it was beyond amazing to have our closest family and friends fly in from Philippines, Hawaii, Guam, Canada and more than a dozen other states. Most of the groomsmen are Dickson’s brothers in arms, while most of the gorgeous bridesmaids go all the way back from when I was a little girl back home in the Philippines. Dickson and I met in 2007 in California through a battle buddy of his who happens to be my cousin and who will be the best man in the wedding. As they say, the rest is history. The most important thing for us in the celebration was for everyone to have fun and just enjoy the day. Of course, the flowers follow very closely. We placed flowers throughout the lakeside tent and decided to go bare in church, where we felt like it was best to focus on the vows we exchanged and the faith we believe in.
- Photography – Steven Joseph Photography
- Linens, Flowers and Event Planning – Soondis Hamika of Jovani Linens & Event Design
- Video Cinematography – Alex Bryan of Imagine Studios
- Event Planning – Erin Scanlan of Bella Mia Weddings
- DJ – Harry O Productions
- Venue – Ellen Saepoff of The Hilton at Lake Las Vegas
- Cake by Freed’s Bakery
- Photo booth – Picbots
- Tuxedos – Black by Vera Wang
- Brides dress – Veejay Floresca
- Bridesmaid dresses – Coca Couture
- Hair and make-up – Alexis Makeover
- Seating cards – DIY
- Transportation – E & O Limo