By Debbie Hall
- Walk us through a typical day in your shoes.
There really is no typical day for me. I could be waking up at 3 a.m. to do media interviews, or I could sleep until noon. It just depends on the day. The most important part of every day for me is spending quality time with my wife, Kathleen, and 13-year-old daughter, Lauren.
- Have you ever purchased any As Seen on TV items?
Yes, I’m hooked on them. I’ve bought shaving kits, ladders and pretty much anything involving tools. I’m a bit of a Mr. Fix-It.
- If you could destroy a grade-school photo of yourself, what year would it be and why?
It’s funny, because I never really look at pictures of myself, so I couldn’t tell you.
- While grocery shopping, what is your stick-in-the-cart-when-no-one-is-looking item?
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Snickers
- If we were to look through your device, what is on your hit list or playlist or favorite app?
I refuse to have a cellphone, so I really don’t know what those things are, but I do use my iPad to watch movies, TV shows and listen to music I’m thinking about recording or performing.
- Do you ever play “tourist” in Vegas? If so, what is your favorite thing to do?
Yes, I love going to the Valley of Fire. It’s spectacular!
- What do you do to unwind and relax?
I relax by riding horses, helicopter flying, water skiing and visiting with my animal family at Casa de Shenandoah.
- Does anyone ever mistake you for someone else?
Yes, a Wayne Newton impersonator.