Date(s) - 03/04/2016-03/06/2016
NWFFest is the only film festival in the state of Nevada to celebrate and support the fair representation of women in film.
Friday, March 4:
Evening festivities kick off with the Nevada Woman Filmmaker of the Year. This year the honor goes to Las Vegas filmmaker and philanthropist, Robin Greenspun. A screening of her documentary, Semicolon; The Adventures of Ostomy Girl” will be followed by a Q&A and a Champagne Reception.
Saturday, March 5:
Films from around the globe will screen throughout the day.
- Panel Presentation: The Art of Costuming (rare behind-the-scenes glimpses).
- Panel Presentation: The Sex Trafficking Epidemic. Discussion to include select scenes from “The Track,” directed by Brett Levner. “The Track” stars Missy Yager (Mad Men) and Sam Trammell (True Blood, The Fault in Our Stars). It is a locally produced narrative feature-length film that exposes the prevalence and dangers of underage sex trafficking in Las Vegas. Our panel will include sex trafficking experts and survivors of the epidemic.
- Party announcement TBA
Sunday, March 6:
- Films blocks to include locals and students, and screenings from the Young Filmmakers’ Workshop.
- Q&A with special guest TBA
- Second Annual Femmy Awards! Honorees to include: Best Student Film, Best Short Film, Best Female Protagonist, and the Springs Preserve Award for Best Documentary.
To submit entries for the film festival or get more information, visit the website: NWFFest.com