- Walk us through a typical day in your shoes.
On work days, it begins with 5:30 a.m. coffee and TV news in bed ‘till 6:30 a.m. Then yoga for an hour, answer mail, breakfast in bed (often). Later in the day, a quick nap, work on my new show, “SUZANNE SIZZLES,” and work on media tour for my new book, “TOX-SICK”. There are 30 minutes of promotion for my brand new ThighMaster Vibrato … it vibrates and four hours of rehearsal for “Dancing with the Stars.” I like to cool out at home outside three times a week with tequila. I cook dinner, watch the moon come up, and it is bedtime.
- Have you ever purchased any As Seen on TV items?
I keep a pad and pencil next to my bed, and when I see something on TV that interests me, I write down the number. By morning, I rarely order. Alan calls me an 800 number junkie.
- If you could destroy a grade-school photo of yourself, what year would it be and why?
When I was in grade school, my mom only took four pictures. I can’t remember any of them.
- While grocery shopping, what is your stick-in-the-cart-when-no-one-is-looking item?
- If we were to look through your iPod or iPhone, what is on your hit list or playlist or favorite app?
My iPhone is loaded with medical lectures and music I am working on. If my head is still buzzing at bedtime, I go to the app Suzanne Somers NAP26.
- Do you ever play “tourist” in Vegas? If so, what is your favorite thing to do?
I love hitting the Strip at night. The energy makes me all wiggly. A day on Lake Mead just tooling around is a wonderful cool-out. I haven’t been there in years, but sitting on the outdoor deck at the Mt. Charleston Resort in Kyle Canyon is very special, especially in winter. In the summer, great hikes.
- What do you do to unwind and relax?
Yoga and meditation, hiking the San Jacinto Mountains and tequila.
- Does anyone ever mistake you for someone else?
Often people tell me I look exactly like Suzanne Somers. Alan tells them that people tell me that all the time.
Suzanne Somers (suzannesomers.com) returns to Las Vegas with her sophisticated nightclub act, “Suzanne Sizzles,” at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino debuting on May 23. The cabaret venue, formerly known as Shimmer Cabaret, will be renamed Suzanne’s at the Westgate. “Suzanne Sizzles” is a 70-minute show performed five days a week, dark Sundays and Mondays, at 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino Box Office at (800) 222-5361 or online at westgatevegas.com.