More than 10,000 runners to participate in ninth annual Opportunity Village fundraiser
Click to Tweet: Kick off the holiday season w/ @OppVillageLV’s @GreatSantaRunLV &
@ShaniaTwain tomorrow in #DTLV! #Vegas tinyurl.com/kysgmxt
Opportunity Village’s ninth annual Las Vegas Great Santa Run will take place tomorrow, Saturday, December 7, in Downtown Las Vegas starting at 8 a.m. More than 10,000 Santa Claus lookalikes are anticipated to attend in support of the beloved local nonprofit and to defend Vegas’ “World Santa Challenge” title.
With country superstar Shania Twain serving as Grand Marshal, the event also will feature live performances from top Las Vegas entertainers, various food and beverage offerings and other fun surprises. **RAIN OR SHINE**
Saturday, December 7
7:30 a.m. – Media check-in at Third Street Stage
8 a.m. – Pre-run programming begins at Third Street Stage
9:45 a.m. – Grand Marshal Twain welcomes participants
9:50 a.m. – Twain leads procession to starting line riding in Opportunity Village’s traditional crystal carriage
See below for more programming and entertainment
10 a.m. – 5K runners take off upon Twain’s signal, immediately followed by start of one-mile walk
10:30 a.m. – First racers cross finish line on Carson and Las Vegas Blvd.
11 a.m. – Awards ceremony at Third Street Stage
Downtown Las Vegas, Nevada
**Click to view event map and race route
Main Stage: Third Street Stage in Fremont Street Experience between the D Hotel & Casino and Four Queens
Race Route: The 5K and one-mile runs start at Fremont and Seventh (near El Cortez) and the finish line is located at Carson and Las Vegas Blvd.
10,000+ Santa Claus doppelgangers/race participants
Shania Twain, headliner at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
Opportunity Village “OVIPs” (clients), leadership and supporters
Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman
**Entertainers, teams, vendors and more listed below
Credentials: Media credentials are required and will be provided upon check-in behind Third Street Stage starting at 7:30 a.m. All interested must RSVP to the following media contacts in advance:
· Kara Rutkin: email@example.com; cell: 690.1618
· Rachel Feinberg: firstname.lastname@example.org; cell: 612.1693
Parking: News trucks may park on Fourth Street outside of the Fremont Street Experience canopy (please notify PR) and regular cars can view a map of parking options here.
Photography: Credentialed media may capture photos/video at Third Street Stage (must RSVP in advance to secure spot at stage-front) and throughout the event grounds. Aerial shots of the stage can be taken from a balcony at the D, which can be accessed via the elevator at stage left. Additional vantage points are available upon request.
Interviews: There will not be any interviews/individual requests arranged for Twain at this point in time. Contact PR regarding any other spokespeople you’d like to interview.
ADDTL. DETAILS: Other elements of interest include:
· Entertainment: Performances by Jabbawockeez, Zowie Bowie, the OV Elvi, DJ Mikey P and Zumba experts Kat and J-John. George Dare will lead the crowd in the official theme song, “Run, Santa, Run!,” and JERSEY BOYS star Jeff Leibow will sing the national anthem.
· Food & Beverage: Hungry racers will have the chance to chow down from mobile eateries such as Chi-Town Hustler, Lobster ME and more. Krispy Kreme will provide runners with donuts and Circle K Convenience Stores with complimentary coffee.
· Teams: Be on the lookout for teams of a hundred or more such as Circle K Convenience Stores, Team Shania, Mayor Carolyn Goodman and the City of Las Vegas, Caesar’s Entertainment and others.
· Competitors: Las Vegas’ “World Santa Challenge” rivals from the Liverpool Santa Dash will be in attendance.
#WhyWeRun: Check out the campaign on Opportunity Village’s Facebook and Twitter and share your stories of inspiration and dedication using the hashtag, #WhyWeRun.
Rachel Feinberg, email@example.com, cell: 612-1693
Kara Rutkin, firstname.lastname@example.org, cell: 690-1618